So, you have decided to open up an online florist shop. First off, congratulations! As our contribution, we would like to offer you a checklist of items that you must have before you begin your business. We hope that it will help you avoid making common mistakes or forgetting something when you hit the nearest florist wholesaler!
Basic household items
While this may be a bit of a no-brainier, we find that the most logical things are those that we most often forget. This is why we have decided to put household items first so that you can remember to take them to your chosen warehousing destination and not overlook them in your scramble for specialized florist equipment.
– Cleaning supplies (e.g. detergent, bleach, etc.)
– Cleaning equipment (e.g. broom, mop, vacuum cleaner, etc.)
– Paper products (namely paper towels)
– Coffee cups, water glasses and bottles, plates, cutlery
Again, being focused on getting the best specialized equipment may take your mind off the important “office-like” things that you need to keep your daily functioning as smooth as possible. You will thank us later when you are in need of a stapler and thank the heavens that you do not have to go all the way back to your house! In general, these can also be purchased at most specialized wholesalers for florists.
– Bunch cutters
– Pens and pencils
– Paper inventory
– Trash can
Since you are starting an online business, there are certain technical requirements that you will need to fulfill in your warehousing space so that you can work without interruptions and always be available for your customers.
– Desktop/laptop for managing your online store
– Working Internet connection
– Printer (not necessarily a must-have, but it is expected that you will have to print something at one point or another)
Specialized Florist Supplies
Here we are, finally at the gist of it. We would not go so far as to say that these are the most important items you will have, because having all of them is what makes your business function optimally, but this is what your business is all about.
– Containers for flowers
– Floral foam
– Florists’ tape – green and transparent, waterproof
– Wrapping material (especially during winter)
While the above mentioned items are absolutely necessary, the items below are something you should have but do not necessarily need on your first day. We would, of course, advise you that you acquire all the items before opening your virtual store doors.
– Ribbons in a variety of colors
– Floral paint
– Customized and different-sized cards
– Additional wire and tape (other types)
Has this list helped you figure out what you missed? Did we leave out something you consider important? We’d love to hear your thoughts in the Comment Section below.